Moda Midstream is looking for a DCS Operator for its Ingleside, Texas Energy Center.
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority;
- Conduct routine operating inspections of the unit, help troubleshoot operational problems and respond to area emergencies or to changing operational situations;
- Direct the terminal operator and marine operator in the operation of equipment in the field;
- Monitor process operating conditions using instrumentation to regulate temperatures, pressures, and flow through the process system for prescribed critical limits. All must be accomplished according to standard operating procedures and in support of the safe operation and environmental integrity of the plant;
- Maintain log of readings, lab results, shift production requirements and equipment issues to record daily activity and provide for adequate shift relief;
- Initiate work requests, perform minor maintenance within capabilities and prepare equipment for maintenance;
- Work with the terminal operator to prepare equipment for maintenance work, including preparing lockout plans and permitting all key procedures;
- Notify supervision, maintenance and other auxiliary personnel regarding equipment malfunctions and troubleshoot process issues as needed;
- Responsible for training of new terminal operators to the area;
- Provide support and leadership on the shift to ensure awareness of operational activities and risks;
- Other duties and projects assigned as necessary.
- High School Diploma or completed GED;
- Process Technology Degree OR minimum of 2 years relevant work experience (e.g. production, loading, or unit maintenance);
- Proficiency in math, reading comprehension, and mechanical reasoning with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work a rotating shift; weekends; holidays; overtime; and respond to callouts;
- Ability and willingness to serve as member of Emergency Response Team;
- Ability to read, write and speak in English;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team;
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms;
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) as required by the Transportation Security Administration at the start of employment.